Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Insecurity.

Quotes from Chapter Seven of the book, So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.

"I want us to see the price we're paying when we don't deal with our insecurities. Unchecked and unhealed, it makes an idiot out of us over and over."

"We gnaw on a relationship like a dog on a bone. We worry a detail half to death out of insecurity, get no response, and then over-communicate yet again to say 'Forget I communicated all of that'. And they rarely do." 

This is common in women friendships, and I know that it's always the place that I go to when I send a message/text/email to someone that I'm friends with. When I don't get a response soon after, I start to freak out and worry about if they are mad at me, or something of that nature.

"Jealousy of our friends and the fear that they'll like each other better than they like us is always a product of insecurity, and too often it's the sharp blade to a decent relationship."

 This is exactly how I felt once I realized that a relationship was forming between my two friends Laura and Marlena. I thought for sure I'd lose them both or that they would realize that I was no longer worth being friends with. Same when we added our new friend Kimberly to the group. I figured they would like her SO MUCH more than me and that I'd be out. I'm just glad it didn't take long for me to realize I was being ridiculous!

"Insecurity makes us settle. Insecurity makes us distracted. Insecurity robs our confidence in our rich inheritance from God. Insecurity makes us put our gifts on a shelf to gather demonic dust. Insecurity disturbs our sleep. Insecurity derails our life."

This is all so true and I'm so thankful that this study has helped me realize what my personal insecurities are within my friendships and it's helping give me the tools to deal with  them too! Thank you Beth Moore! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...