Monday, August 29, 2011

Second Chances

Forget it, I just about lost my mind
I’m headed, for a safe place to hide
What if I’m wrong, I don’t wanna miss it all
So where do I go from here

Will I make it, if I jump right in
Can I take it, if the rope begins to give
But I’ve got no choice, cause I hear your voice
I must find hope, I must find joy, the joy….

Of a second chance at life, with happiness inside
Joy in the morning, and a peace of mind
Because love forgets no one
And it’s reaching out to us
And no one gets left behind
Without a second chance at life

Second Chance by Noah Cleveland


We don't always get things right the first time. Sometimes God allows us a second chance to get it right, to make things work. That's what God's love is all about... second chances. He gives us a second try to make the right decisions and to follow the path he's laid out for us in life.

The lyrics I added above this post are from a song that Noah Cleveland sang at church on August 21st. Hearing this song broke me down emotionally. I felt like the lyrics of this song were talking right to me, that God was using this artist and this song to let me know that things were going to be okay in the end. I thought I'd already used up my second chance when I met Wesley, fell in love and started a family. When I got out of an emotionally terrible relationship and started a new one that made me realize that relationships shouldn't be as hard as that one was.

This song taught me that love forgets no one and that God will always pull through in the end, because that's what he's promised us. I will get my second chance at life and nothing on this earth matters more than that. I am promised eternity with him in heaven and that is so special! So, these financial woes and broke down cars are just the 'for now'. They won't last forever because once I enter God's kingdom, I won't need to worry about any of that, so why worry about it now.

This song and the past two sermons about 'I Quit' have truly meant a lot to me, and have completely turned my way of thinking around! I quit making excuses, and I quit complaining! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...