Sunday, June 26, 2011

True Blood S4E1 Reaction

True Blood started back on HBO last night and I just wanted to give my reaction on Episode 1; be aware that this will contain spoilers if you have not yet seen the new episode. (Also, may contain notes that compare the book to the show.)

  • The fairy plane - not sure how I feel about them... apparently includes some lotus flowers/fruit to keep time from passing for the people there. Sookie wasn't there very long and was gone from Bon Temps for over a year... it's weird all that happened while she was gone. I'm not sure how I feel about Bill being King of Louisiana... he should not be able to have that power over Eric. I hated when he yelled at Eric when Sookie got back to town - but glad that Eric told her that HE never gave up on her like everyone else. (:
  • Claudene should not be brunette. She's supposed to be model hott, tall and blonde. She is NONE of these on the show. I hate it!
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the 'evil' fairies attacking Sookie and her grandfather. In the books Sookie was never in the fairy plane, the fairies came to her on earth in the human plane.
  • I was glad to see Jason as a deputy - I actually like this storyline for him in the show. He's not quite as much of a player anymore on the show - and that's okay. I like the man they are making him out to be. I do think it sucks that her house was sold... but glad that Eric bought it! It makes things interesting.
  • I am NOT a fan of the V addict they have created with Andy - that's completely against the man he is in the books. I like the book version better, for sure.
  • The witch coven makes things interesting... I think I might like where that storyline is going, but the acting is TERRIBLE. I think they could have found some better actresses for the coven for sure. Fiona Shaw as Marnie is a little ridiculous... she's from Harry Potter and the part I always refer to her with is from Three Men and a Little Lady... she was such a perv hitting on Tom Selleck's character. She creeps me out!
  • Terry and Arlene's baby is creepy... should be interesting to see where that storyline goes.
  • Hoyt and Jessica's newlywed cooking scene cracked me up! "Going to the piggly wiggly for me is like going to the morgue for you"... Love it!! (: Jessica being a made up character works for this show, for sure. I love these two together - I just hope she doesn't two time him after seeing the scene at Fangtasia.
  • Tara has made some weird decisions on this show - and I don't like where she is now, although the actress looks good now that she's lost some weight! She's a lesbian now?? And a boxer?? WTF??
  • I hope that Sam eventually cuts Sookie some slack - their friendship is important for the story most of the time!
  • I love Lafayette's character even though he's supposed to be dead already! LOL I love the storylines they give him!
  • What is going on with Tommy?? How did he end up with Hoyt's Mom?? That's just weird!
  • I like that Sam has new shifter friends... makes things for him a lot more interesting. I can't wait to see what happens with him and Luna.
  • I am really hoping that the hotshot guys do kidnap Jason...
  • I love Eric walking in on a naked Sookie... can't wait to see how their storyline continues and how it matches up to the book. I hope they make him loose his memory and give them a love story! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...