Sunday, June 26, 2011

Author Review: Thomas Ryerson

A few months ago I read and posted a review on a book called Travelogue by Thomas Ryerson. He's a Canadian author and I very much LOVED the book, so I looked into the others that he wrote and I have finally read the rest! (:

I have to say, I truly love this author's writing style. He keeps me intrigued, and makes me want to keep reading when it's late and I need to be sleeping! These are the first books I've not been able to lay down while reading since I read the last Charlaine Harris, Sookie Stackhouse book! Now, that's saying something! I don't usually get that into a book unless it's a series and I've been waiting MONTHS for it to be released!

My thoughts on his other books in the order I read them.

Castle Lake: A 16 year old girl dies on her birthday... a tragic accident that sends her Mother to commit suicide and her father to make a deal with the devil. Sixty some odd years later, another girl in the family line is about to turn 16 years old... the spirit of the father of the first girl's spirit returns from the grave to possess a human body because this young girl has to die. This book reminded me a lot of a Stephen King ghost story, and the whole book gave me goose bumps!

Fun City: This book took place way far into the future. It really didn't hold my attention as well as some of his other books, but I pushed my self to finish it and I did end up enjoying it very much. They are rebuilding after a holocaust and it's required many sacrifices. If you are interested at all in how technical our future may be some day, this book is for you. Ryerson's imagination ran wild in this one!

April's Call: An incredible thriller... really had me on the edge of my seat while reading this one! The issue in this novel was about April driving down the road and getting into some road rage with a trucker. I can kind of relate to this story because I used to work at a trucking company... and I've always hated driving near them on the interstate! This book actually scared me because it seemed the most realistic to me. I will never look at "How's my driving" stickers the same way... what a creepy story and I felt so proud of April and her courage to take this man on!

Carnal Wreckage: Okay, I have to admit I may not have read EVERY single word in this book because it's a collection of poems and lyrics for life. I did enjoy reading what I did of it! It was interesting to see how I could relate to most of it and apply some of it to my own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...