Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Book Review: Travelogue

This is the first book I've read from the author named Thomas Ryerson and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I was given the book as a gift and after reading a short summary online about it, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot.

The basic summary of the story is this; Tasha and her Mom lose their loved one (Tasha's Dad and Xavier's husband) tragically and mysteriously. Eighteen years later,  an old childhood friend reappears. Her number one question for him is did he have anything to do with her father's disappearance? The past starts to connect the future. As she tries to uncover what happened, Jorge tries to keep things hidden.

The book touches on almost every human emotion possible - the ones that stood out to me were: love, hate, empathy, anger, sadness, happiness, and lust. The book caught my attention right away. I found myself really get interested in the book when the relationship between Tasha and Jorge began to develop. I loved that the mystery of what happened to her father was always hanging over everyone's head. I felt a genuine hurt for Tasha and the childhood described in the book, so difficult and tragic. I don't blame her for wanting to block it all out as a means to move on with her life and survive. The sex scenes were passionate but tasteful.

I really enjoyed this author's writing style. He has a very good sense of how to tell a story and keep the reader interested! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...