Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Best Book I've Read More than Three Times


Much like most people that attended public high school... I read this book for the first time in my English class in tenth grade. It was a book that I wasn't too keen on reading... I had heard many stories about the book, many classmate's opinions based on not liking the way it was written or the story line.

Turned out, I LOVED it...

The book was published in 1960 and is basically deals with serious issues of rape and racial inequality. The book is used in English classes to teach tolerance for others... and takes place during the Great Depression in a small fictional town in Alabama.

One of my favorite quotes in the book is by Atticus Finch, the father and hero of the story...

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."

I own my own copy of this book now... and I have read it more than ten times I'm sure. There is a lot of the book that I can quote over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...