Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Power Outage in Georgia!


So, Monday night was CRAZY! The power went out at about 12:30am that night... it woke me because my phone charges next to the bed and when the power went out, it stopped charging and the screen lit up. Not to mention the loud thunder that was rolling in the distant skies. The lightening was weird too... it looked like strobe lights and was very constant for a few hours. It kept me awake for a while - when the power went out, my husband came on to bed. We chatted for a few minutes before he fell asleep. I was kept awake for a few hours before the thunder finally stopped and I could fall asleep.

I've always been nervous about storms... worrying about tornadoes and trees falling on the house. There was a house not that far from us that had a pine tree fall on it, killing a three year old little boy and his father. Trees were up-rooted all over the place and caused a lot of damage. We were out of power until 8pm on Tuesday night. I spent most of the day with my SIL and her family... they had a generator hooked up to the television and then we left the house, just to get away. She also had her fridge hooked up, so I moved a few groceries to her house to keep them from going bad. I had to replace all the things that went bad while I was at the grocery store today.

It has been a very interesting week... and I look forward to what is ahead for my weekend! More about that in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...