Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On being a Single Mom...For a week!

I've never really paid attention to what my husband does around the house. Not always what he does... but the role that he fills, or the space he takes up just being here. I've always found myself complaining about what he DOESN'T do... so this week while he's gone out of town for work - I find myself overwhelmed and lonely. I've literally slept in the middle of my king size bed (which I never get to do when he's here) and kept his office door closed so that I don't even have to see the emptiness that exists there.

He comes back home tomorrow and I can't wait, but I wanted to share some thoughts that I've had during this time of being a single Mom...

I could NEVER do all of this alone. (Okay, I could if I HAD to... but I certainly don't want to! That's why I got married!) Being a single parent is not something I've ever even considered doing or trying and I hope that I never end up in a situation where I have to learn to survive alone with my kids. I've had to be alone before when Hubs left for work but for some reason this time has been the hardest. Probably because the kids miss him just as much as I do, and ask about him constantly. It was easier when they were a little younger and didn't know any different if he was gone or home. I have a new found appreciation for those parents of kids that have to figure out how to be Mom and Dad all on their own.

Being cooped up in this house makes me feel all depressed and lonely... I'm so glad that I have friends that have called/texted to check on me and the boys. I'm even more thankful and appreciative of the ones who stopped by and visited, watched movies,  had coffee with me, or cooked me dinner! You guys are fabulous and I'm not sure why I've been so blessed to have such amazing people in my life! If my mans not home, they are definitely a good second place to his company! It helped me get through this week without pulling my hair out completely!

Another HUGE plus... I am all caught up on the LAUNDRY!

At least until Hubs gets home tomorrow and unloads his luggage! Ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...