Sunday, August 26, 2012

Book Review: Heart of Darkness

Title: Heart Of Darkness
Author: Joseph Conrad
Publisher: Blackwood's Magazine, 1899
 Number of Pages: Paperback, 96 pages


Genre: Classic Literature, Novella, Cultural - Africa


Plot: This book is all about the narrator's journey through the Congo and his travels on the Congo River.

Personal Thoughts:

Marlow makes a comment early on in the book about London having been "one of the dark places on earth", and then begins a story of how he once took a job as captain of a river steamboat in Africa.

This books was very interesting and  very much NOT my style.  It has a powerful story in it and a lot of horrific descriptions of what the narrator was seeing and living through. The author's descriptions didn't leave much to the imagination. That being said, there was so much content, I found myself having to go back and re-read who pages just to remind myself what happened. This book was a challenge for me, but I did make my self push through it.


Recommended Age Level: 17+

Rating: 2
Reviews/Awards:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...