Monday, May 2, 2011

What a weekend...

The aftermath of the storms that hit GA and AL has been crazy in our area - our county and surrounding counties got hit pretty hard. Luckily, the tornadoes missed our street and homes of the ones that I love in both states.

The rest of the weekend went pretty smoothly except that being on my feet for most of it didn't help the swelling in my feet!

On Saturday we moved my sister into her new apartment... I'm so proud of her for taking this grown up step in her life! She's doing so well and loving her new job as well. I'm so glad that she's happy and that we know she's in a place that's safe as it can be. It's such a nice little one bedroom apartment and I think it suits her well. I look forward to seeing her grow up even more in the future. It makes me smile to see her be so happy and grown up!

Sunday was spent preparing for and helping host a baby shower for my friend Liz. Her baby is due about a month after Ryan.. but by the time I got home from the party I was exhausted! (: It was a fun day... and everyone seemed to enjoy the food that I made. The evening was spent watching television and eating pizza with my hubby before going to bed a little early.

It's now 24 days until my due date... I have this feeling that Ryan can come any day now, so I'm trying to focus on getting all of my items to take with us to the hospital together and prepared. I have made my lists, just trying to get the rest of it together before we actually have to go to the hospital.

Next weekend is my first Mother's Day... although I guess I'm technically not a mother yet. But that's not the way I see it... I believe that I became a Mom the day I found out that I was pregnant. I'm just super jealous that my husband will have Ryan here in his hands for Father's day in June. I've been trying to deal with those emotions, but it's really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...