Monday, January 31, 2011

What has the world come to....

I religiously read the blog of one of my favorite television actresses and musician, Bethany Joy Galeotti. She writes the blog herself, and I love being able to read how she really feels about things in today's society. She's also a soon-to-be Mom like me... so I feel some how connected to her!

Today I read her blog about today's society and 'sex appeal'... it was really heart-felt, honest and I agree with every word! These are questions I have been asking myself for years now!

Here is the part that hit home for me...

Have we fallen so far? Have we finally arrived to the place where not only do you need no talent to become a role-model (and yes, I'm sorry but if you're perpetuating a public career, you are famous and young people look up to you), but you don't even need class? I guess I knew we were really headed down the tubes with the introduction of trashy reality tv... but come on! Even The Bachelor tried to pretend it was classy in the beginning. Now we've got drivel like Jersey Shore filling up the airwaves, and stuff that honestly shouldn't even be called music pouring out of the radio and into the minds of America's youth.

Oh, God. Do I sound like Dr. Laura? I mean, seriously... can I just call attention to this without being called "prude" or "religious" or "a conservative nut"? Please? Hasn't everybody had enough? Don't you miss the days when a sexy picture was Julia Roberts laughing her ass off in a white button-down? Now every young starlet is vying for layouts in men's magazines and posing in their panties with their legs wide open. I don't know... I suppose everyone's gauge for "class" is different from the next... and I hate to sound "high and mighty", but I'll risk it if I can lend a voice to any young woman too intimidated by the media to stand up for her value. I just have to ask... Whatever Happened to Class?

Click here to read the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...