Friday, January 28, 2011

The Lo-Down by Lo Bosworth


I used to be an avid watcher of Laguna Beach and The Hills on MTV. I personally, was a HUGE fan of Lo Bosworth... so when I heard she wrote a book about dating and how to find the "right guy for you", I had to pick it up, just to read what she had to say!

Ultimately, I was impressed. The book is written in a very personal style. It makes me feel as if I'm having a conversation with a friend and not reading a book! She has TONS of great ideas about dating and how to pick the right guy, and also how to recognize a bad one. I'm no longer in the dating scene, but for my friends who are, I recommend this book if you are getting frustrated with always choosing the wrong guy for you!

She talks about the types of bad guys, types of girl you are and what types of good guys match up to you. There are also tons of quizzes throughout the book to help illustrate her thoughts by letting you quiz yourself according to her scales.

My favorite quotes in the whole book are:

"Believing in the qualities you already possess and the person you already are is what is going to land you your perfect match. Why? Because guys respect and love women who love and appreciate themselves for who they really are."

"There will always be bumps in the relationship road! Until you find the guy, all your previous relationships really are just more and more bumps. The upside? You are guaranteed to learn more about why your puzzle piece is shaped the way it is and about the kind of person you need to find in order to create the perfect match."

"The golden rule teaches you to understand that if it doesn't work out with a guy, he is not the right guy for you, so ditch the misconception that you must be right for him!"

"As boyfriends, the good guys are the ones who will let you be you, and love you for what that person is. They will encourage you to follow your dreams, make big plans, and live the life you've dreamed of, with them by your side."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...