Monday, October 4, 2010

Sept 25 - Oct 2 was Banned Books Week!!

I just found out that last week was Banned Books Week and I feel so bad that I missed out! One of the blogs I read did a whole weeks of posts about it and I couldn't help but want to share her posts with you here... they are creative, amazing, and absolutely genius! Thanks Gina for all the posts about banned books!

Day One: Banned Book Week Intro

Day Two: "I Don't Think You Really Read That" Post : Lord of the Rings, Twilight, Harry Potter

Day Three: "What are we Protecting them From?" Post : Judy Blume, Little Women, Diary of Anne Frank, Sex Education

Day Four: "Isn't It Ironic?" Post : Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm, 1984, A Clockwork Orange

Day Five: "How Books Get Banned" Post : What you can do to help your community!

I hope this helps give others around the world insight to books that should and shouldn't be banned! I get that some people don't want their kids reading about certain things like magic and wizardry... but that just stifles the imagination in my opinion and I hope that through these blog posts and through spreading the message that books like 1984 and Little Women can still be read in schools all over the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...