Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"GRITS"

It all started this morning on the way to the dollar store. 

As I was driving down the back country roads near our home, my four-year-old Ryan, started to talk on his toy phone in the backseat. He then hung up, and started to tell me "My best buddy grits is cutting the grass on his lawnmower, I told you that. We see him in the window.... He's over there, I'm gonna call him back." I just kind of nodded to his words, replying with an "okay, buddy".  

Not two minutes later, Ryan was telling me that Grits's lawnmower was blue - and he was comparing it to his Papa's mower (that is red) and that "Grits is at home. Cutting the grass for Daddy." Again, I replied with an "okay, buddy." 

We get to the store, fulfill my list, check out, and load the car. As I'm backing out of the parking spot, Ryan yells "STOP MOMMA... Open that 'nindow' so that Grits can get in." I look at him with confusion, but proceed to open my passenger side window anyway. While it's open, I asked Ryan if Grits was in the car, he replied with a yes. So, I shut the window. As I was doing so, Ryan yellow up to the front seat, "Grits, you better buckle that seat belt so you can be safe!" I chuckled. 

It was a morning of many errands, and while on our way to drop some books at the library I was chatting with a friend on the phone. Ryan obviously overheard me and pointed out that I was "talking about Grits". (He asked me the same thing later on when I was on the phone telling his Daddy about Grits too!)

Such a weird morning. The weirdest part - on the way to the actual grocery store, Ryan started to refer to Grits as a baby GIRL. To me, this is so weird because as a family, my husband and I are discussing whether or not we want more kids and I most definitely want a little girl one day. Her name will not be Grits... but who knows, we may decide to use Ryan's imaginary baby girl name as her nickname! Ha! 

So thankful to have a place to share these silly stories about my babies. I hope to have many more things to share in the future! (This poor blog is dying on me!) Happy Reading, blog lovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...