Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Opinions - Christianity & Chickfila

Okay, I've pretty much kept my opinion to myself on the matter thus far and will continue to do so after this post. I just want to put down my thoughts about the issues.

#1 Chickfila is a privately owned Christian company and has been since the doors first opened. Of course they are going to run their business as such until the day their doors close. They stay closed on Sunday's to allow their employees and patrons to spend their time at church if they so choose. Why are you all surprised that Dan Cathy supports biblical marriage!?

#2 Be gay, or don't be. I don't really care nor am I going to judge you or not be friends with you if you are. It's not my place! God is the one you will have to face in the end.

#3 The bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin.

Here is a new testament and old testament verse to prove my point:

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:22 NLT

So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies… Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. Romans 1:24, 26-27

#4 The bible also states that the definition of 'marriage' is one man, one woman. Those are the words I live by.

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matthew 19:4-6

My philosophy is "Love the Sinner and Hate the Sin".

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I love all people, but I don't have to love the things that they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...