Friday, July 13, 2012

Book Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Title: Spell Bound (#3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Hyperion Books, March 2012
 Number of Pages: Hardcover, 336 pages


Genre: Young Adult, Fiction, Fantasy > Witches, Magic, Paranormal, Demons

Personal Thoughts:

You can read my review on book one here, Hex Hall, and Demon Glass here.


Book three was an amazing addition to the series!! I can't say much without spoiling, but it keeps you on the edge of your seat and I found myself rooting for Sophie Mercer through out the whole thing!


SPOILER ALERT! 

Just as Sophie was getting used to and learning to control all of her demonic powers - the council bound them inside her person so that she couldn't use them, as punishment. She learns a lot more about her family in this book - about who her Mom really is and how she ties into the whole story.


Sophie is sent back to Hex Hall - powerless and defenseless against the people who are raising demons. A big war is brewing and Sophie is RIGHT in the MIDDLE! She has to find the key to getting her powers back in time to help the good side win!


I enjoyed this novel even though I had a little problem with the ending. I know it had to end and I understand we can't always have these picture perfect endings, but I feel like one character in general definitely got the short straw. I don't want to give anything away and so I won't say anything more than I wouldn't have chosen the book to end the way it did. Although, it was a satisfying ending to the trilogy.


Recommended Age Level: 12+

Rating: 4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...