Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer TV Premiers

Anyone that knows me knows that I watch a LOT of TV. I also watch a wide range of TYPES of shows. Here are some of the summer premiers I'm looking forward to...


ROOKIE BLUE 

This show started back last week with it's third season. I've watched the two previous seasons and I love this show. Wikipedia describes the plot as this "... the lives of five rookie cops from 15 Division who have just graduated from the academy. They must learn not only to deal with their duties as police officers, but also deal with the problems and expectation of their families and friends. It has been described as the Grey's Anatomy in the world of rookie cops."

BREAKING POINTE 
This is a new show that starts TONIGHT on the CW - exposing what's it's really like in the competitive world of Ballet. CW says this about the show "It's every little girl's dream to grow up and become a ballerina, but nobody knows what the world of competitive ballet is really about. No one sees the sacrifice and discipline it takes to look perfect for the audience. Nobody knows that in order to advance and get the best roles, dancers have to navigate the complicated social politics inside the company. And, no one sees, when the curtain goes down, the drama that bleeds into the dancers’ private lives…until now." It goes behind the scenes of a real dance company in Salt Lake City called Ballet West.

LONGMIRE
This is a new A&E show that starts on Sunday. Wikipedia says, "The series follows Walt Longmire, as he tries to get back on his feet after struggling with the death of his wife. With the help of his daughter Cady, the new deputy Victoria and his best friend Henry, Walt decides to run for re-election against Branch, a young deputy in the department who also wants the sheriff position of Absaroka County, a fictional county in the State of Wyoming." I've been seeing commercials for this one and it looks like a great new version of Walker Texas Ranger meets Dr Quinn Medicine Woman and all the other current cop shows on TV.

TRUEBLOOD
This one should be pretty self-explanatory  - starting it's fifth season in two Sundays and I can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves! I've been a long time lover of the books, and I love the show too in it's own respects. My husband and I both love this show! So excited.

SUITS
Going to debut it's second season in just a few short weeks, on June 14th. I look forward to this witty yet to be taken serious show yet again this summer. This was one that my husband and I both loved. It's all about this kid, Mike who gets hired on at a firm not having even attended law school and his boss KNOWS it! Can't wait.

Those are some of the MANY that I will be watching this summer. Comment if you want to know more of what I watch. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...