Wednesday, January 5, 2011

20 Weeks - Halfway There!

Here is what 3D Pregnancy has to say:

Hooray! You're halfway there! And in case you don't believe 20 weeks is a milestone worth celebrating, consider that it's longer than a semester at college—or any relationship you had in high school. Congrats! This is also the week your bambino is able to flash you on the sonogram, revealing what exactly he or she is packing.

This is the week most women get that ever-important gender-revealing ultrasound. If your baby isn't shy, the genitals can be clearly seen at this point. Will the baby pee standing up or sitting down? Well, that depends on how you potty train—but if you're interested, you could leave the appointment knowing if you're carrying a boy or a girl. Other highlights this week:

Your baby has established sleep patterns akin to a newborn now. Many babies even have a favorite sleep position already. Some snooze with their chins resting on their chests, while others nap with their head flung back. Many babies at this age fall into noticeable cycles of sleep and activity, so you may know before she arrives whether you have a night owl or an early bird.

If your baby is a boy, the testes have begun descending from the pelvis into the scrotum. If it's a girl, her uterus is completely formed and the rest of her "parts" are in development. (Is that TMI?)

From this point forward, your baby will put most of her energy into gaining weight and, not coincidentally, so will you! Right now your baby weighs approximately 10½ ounces and is about 6½ inches long, about the size of a can of Red Bull (which has way too much caffeine for a pregnant woman to be drinking).
Well, our ultrasound is scheduled next week, which I'm hoping works in our favor when it comes to telling what sex we are having! I'm also hoping that our baby is much like his/her father and I and not very shy! (:

Not a lot of other things going on right now, my birthday is next week. I'm excited to be twenty-six, but not too excited that it puts me another year closer to thirty! ): But I'm dealing with it and finding out what sex our baby is would be the icing on the cake. I'm ready to start nesting and making nursery decisions! (:

2 comments:

  1. I know some people are not very fond of drinking any caffeine while pregnant and I am not sure your stance on it, however, the morning of my ultrasound I drank a coke and ate a candy bar. Lucas was active, but had his legs crossed but the tech moved the thing over my stomach rather vigorously and he opened them right up! haha! Good luck, I hope he/she is cooperative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy... I haven't been that strict on myself about the caffeine, but have laid off most of it due to the high fructose corn syrup. I drink a real coke about once/twice a week or so. I was thinking that something like that might help baby be a little more active. I haven't felt a lot of movement up to this point... but I have felt some flutters! (: I hope we find out on Wednesday... I'll be sure to let you know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...