Thursday, March 4, 2010

Movie Review: Dear John

Stop right here if you don't want to know any spoilers about the movie!

I wanted to get a take on what you all thought about this movie versus the book by Nicholas Sparks. I personally enjoyed the movie very much, even though it was different from the book, I didn't have a hard time while watching it. I didn't spend a lot of time complaining and thinking about the differences. I actually enjoyed the ending of the movie better than the book. I felt like it gave a little more closure.

I figured they would leave the Christian aspect out of it for Savannah, that would have caused more controversy than it's worth in Hollywood probably. Although, it helped in the book to understand the kind of person that Savannah is. I think they did a GREAT job in telling the story about him being over seas, it was a nice visual to what it could have been like for John. It was hard for me to picture those moments when I was reading the book. But that might just be me.

I have never really had a huge issue with a Nicholas Sparks book being made into a movie, and I have enjoyed them all. My favorites being 'A Walk to Remember' and 'The Notebook'. (Although in the Notebook movie - they kill Noah, and that doesn't happen in the book, there is a sequel to the book). But that's another subject entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...